Sunday, May 17, 2009

Study Sessions, Earthquakes, and Revelation

I was studying in the computer lab and suddenly, there was an earthquake. It went on for a while and it was fairly powerful.

I did not let it be known, but for a second, I was utterly terrified.

So many scenarios went into my head. I was terrified that the earth might split and the entire computer lab would fall in, I was afraid that a huge piece of the ceiling would crumble and crush us all, I was scared that all my homework would get erased because of a power shortage caused by the earthquake.

But mostly, I was terrified because it is a small glimpse of God's power. It was a reminder to me that God was very much in my life and that I need to stop living in such a sinful, unproductive manner. I have been pushing God's grace so much lately, without fully fearing the repercussions of such idiocy.

God reminded me before I got too out of hand that I am a Christian and that I should live like one. So scary.

Postscript (edited in). On a COMPLETELY different, as I was studying, I spontaneously thought, "why is God so beautiful?" and there was a calming peace in my heart. :)

No comments: